A great way to get to know Brookwood Community Church is to get involved by serving. Some people make their best connections as they serve side by side with another person and get to know them. Also, when we get involved, we help other people follow Jesus and get to see God use us in the process. God has given us talents and experiences for a reason; he wants us to use them. When we do, God multiplies our efforts.
Our Ministry Teams
Volunteers have a wide range of activities to choose from. Some can be completed easily on Sunday mornings while attending Brookwood. Others involve some preparation at times other than Sunday mornings. Some provide opportunities to interact directly with people while others require more thoughtful or behind the scenes work.
Examples of positions that can be good places to start include greeting people, serving as an usher for a worship service, running lights, setting up and tearing down equipment on a Sunday morning, preparing and serving coffee, and preparing curriculum for children’s ministry.
Are you ready for more? Look over this list of ministry teams. This is a quick, high level look at where you could get involved in Brookwood Community Church. Pick one or two that sound most interesting to you. Then a Connection Coach can help you further. Look further below for information on Connection Coaching.
- Children’s Ministry: helps children from birth through grade five and their families follow Jesus together.
- Connection Ministry: helps people find a place to belong. They greet us warmly when we arrive, introduce us to one another, and help us get to know God better.
- Go Ministry: helps people find a place to serve. The Go Ministry gives us chances to share the Good News about Jesus through words and actions.
- Operations Ministry: supports all other Brookwood ministry teams. Teams set up and tear down our facility, usher, serve coffee, and keep us safe.
- Student Ministry: helps students between grades six and twelve and their families follow Jesus together.
- Worship Arts Ministry: helps people follow Jesus by planning and implementing our worship services.
Don’t worry. We understand that your time is valuable, and you expect to have a good experience when you volunteer. That’s why we’ve made some important commitments:
- We help volunteers find a place of service that fits their talents, experiences, and available time. We don’t push people to make unrealistic time commitments.
- We think of the volunteer’s needs first, not the organization’s needs. We want you to get involved in things you enjoy doing and do well.
- We provide volunteers with adequate training and resources to do the job.
- We limit the number of positions most volunteers can hold to protect their time.
- We encourage volunteers to move into positions that fit them best.
For more information, send e-mail email@example.com.
Wondering where to serve and how God can use you? Connection Coaches help us discover the unique way that God has created each one of us and how our unique talents and experiences can equip us to make lasting contributions at work, at home, and in what God is doing in this world. Coaching sessions help people access everything that Brookwood Community Church has to offer including volunteering opportunities and small groups. Coaching sessions also help clarify spiritual goals and how Brookwood can best serve you. To schedule an appointment with a Connection Coach, e-mail info@Brookwood.net, stop by Connection Point on Sunday, or check “Connection Coaching” on an I Matter card and place it in the offering basket.